The Summer Solstice might be my favorite holiday. The earth is at last warm again and the lilac trees are full of flowers. School is over and pools are opening!
To celebrate the longest day, I made this very simple wand that takes no time to assemble.
- A twig of any sort. I used driftwood from our beach.
- Yellow, red and orange felt
- Lace, strand of yarn, ribbons….
What to do:
- Cut a sun shape in your yellow felt, double it. I went really pointy with this one, but you can make a rounder one.
- Embellish it to your imagination
- Blanket stitch all around, but leave one point open
- Cut your stands of lace and ribbons the length of the twig
- Attach it to one end of the twig.
- Place inside the Sun.
- Here I blanket stitched over the lace to firmly attach the Sun to the stick
And you’re done!