Did you participate in the give away of the Silk Rainbow Butterfly Wings on this blog on Friday (ends 4.19.2012)? If you already did, you might want to take the next step to make a set of feelers to complete your kids butterfly or other insect costume in a few easy steps. If not, there is still a chance to do so by leaving a comment, and then get working on this tutorial. This is an easy craft that you can do for or with your children.
– Simple plastic hairband
– 1 pipe cleaner (I used dark green here)
– About 50cm/19” of narrow satin ribbon
– Craft Glue
1) Find the middle of the pipe cleaner and the hairband, and fold the pipe cleaner along the hairband to measure
2) Put glue along the hair band and press the pipe cleaner onto the glue
3) Put a dot of glue onto the pipe cleaner and start winding the ribbon tightly around the ribbon and hair band from one side to the other. Secure the final end with another dot of glue (secure and put pressure on it with a laundry peg)
4) Bend both end of the pipe cleaner up and roll the ends around a pencil or wooden dowel
5) Once the glue has dried thoroughly, put the hair band on your (child’s) head:
Enjoy the play!
7 thoughts on “Butterfly Feelers Tutorial”
These are sooo cute, Andrea! Thank you for the how-to.
so cute! 🙂
So cool! Thanks for the tutorial.
These are so darling! My boys would love them!
Such an adorable idea!
heheh so cute! great tutorial andrea!