The NaturalKids Team is devoted to protecting the earth and it’s natural resources; it is a critical part of what our team represents. We strive to encourage sustainability and the use of natural, renewable, recyclable, compostable and biodegradable materials throughout the year. Earth Day, however, provides us a perfect opportunity to go “all out” and really celebrate the choices we make. Please join us in our celebration by participating in, and sharing, the amazing giveaways from member shops you will find below.
1. Birchleaf Designs – 2 Playsilks in your choice of colors. Winner – Angela Vullo (comment #99)
“We like use playsilks when we Celebrate! Here are some ways to use silk rather than paper or balloons: 1. Wrap up a gift to give and include the silk as part of the gift; 2. Hang colorful silks around instead of using balloons; 3. Have a basket full of silks for everyone to dress up for the occassion.”
2. Mosey Handmade – 12 Hand-painted Wooden Counting Mushrooms. Winner – Tracey (comment #55)
“My best tip for celebrating is get your kids involved! They love to see things grow and I think it’s a great day to get out in the garden, plant or transfer those seedlings and dig!” Check out this article on planting with children for more!
3. Woolies – Earth Pony of winner’s choice. Winner – SidewalkGoddess (comment #98)
“Earth Day is a special reminder to the world to honor our Mother Earth. I always spend this day planting, or taking care of our garden. I’ll also make sure to play with our horses, they love Earth Day too!”
4. Long Mountain Art – Organic Cotton Recycle Tee. Winner – MamaAshGrove (comment #29)
“I teach art so I love to do projects that reuses artwork that my students dont want to take with them. I also find my own kids have an abundance of doodles that I just hate throwing away! This is a link for rolled paper bowls. You can use almost any paper but I prefer to reuse artwork that I am not attached to. You can make coasters or placemats or whatever comes to mind!”
5. Willodel – Set of 3 Cottontail Rabbits (*open to US and Canada only) Winner – Mel (comment #76)
“The celebration of Earth Day & the welcoming of Spring with it’s burst of new life all around us make April a very special month. At the Willodel shop you will find carefully hand made items out of natural materials full of inspiration and love for the natural world. These qualities are passed onto our children through the toys and sets that they hold and play with. This goal is always a part of everything found in the shop. Celebrating Nature everyday is the very best way to learn from and love the Earth that is our home and be the keepers of it.”
Here is wonderful link to learn about caring for wild life, and two blog links to look at too: Garden Toad Watch and Willodel
6. MudHollow – Mushroom Bowling, Wonderland Edition with Soy Paints Winner – Michelle (comment #47)
“Earth Day is a great reminder to get out and have a great time enjoying this amazing planet. You could make a video for a chance to win a seat at a NASA Rocket Launch, have a Picnic for the Planet or work on creating a Certified Backyard Habitat. There are so many activities happening around the world, and so many possibilities for projects at home too! You can start a compost bin, plant a garden using native seeds (desert southwest for me), or find an activity from our site!”
7. This Cosy Life – Blossom Mama and her Petal Baby. Winner – Carissa (comment #80)
“I make all of my own houshold cleaners. A little vinegar, baking soda, and sweet smelling essential oils go a long way toward a cleaner house! And without the toxic cleaners my little ones are happy to scrub right along side me.”
8. Gypsy Forest – Winner’s Choice of Linen Bag. Winner – Jenny P (comment #84)
I carry chico bags made from recycled plastic in my purse. I love the kind that fold into their own pouch. AND I love the look on the cashier’s face when I pull out my stash of bags to bag my own groceries.
9. Armadillo Dreams – Spring Tulips Wooden Flower Toy. Winner – Dandyrae (comment #18)
Earth Day is a great day to get outside and explore nature with your children. A little walk/hike is always fun. Geocaching is also a great way to explore and appreciate the outdoors.
*10. In case you missed it, The Enchanted Cupboard is also giving away a wooden playset!
Make sure you leave a comment if you haven’t already!
Giveaway is now closed! The winners are shown next to each item above. Winning comment numbers chosen using Random.org’s random number generator. Winners may
Contact Us to claim prizes if they have not been contacted.
Here’s how to enter: Leave a comment on this post. Don’t forget to leave us a way of contacting you.
For additional entries (leave a separate comment for each entry, if you don’t, they count as one)
- Follow teamNaturalKids on Twitter AND Tweet this (include @teamNaturalKids in your tweet)
- Like Natural Kids on Facebook AND share the giveaway on Facebook (include @NaturalKids)
- Blog this giveaway and post the link
- Follow NaturalKids on Pinterest AND Pin your favorite photo from this post (include @NaturalKids)
- Visit all nine participating shops, and add them to your favorites on Etsy (nine shops = 1 entry)
Giveaway is open worldwide (exceptions noted above). Natural Kids team members are not allowed to enter.
We will choose 9 winners randomly on April 30th, 2012. (Please, make sure we have a way to contact you!)
In addition to the giveaways above, several shops are running Earth Day sales or other promotions!
- The Enchanted Cupboard — MudHollow — Mama West Wind – Earth Day sales, no coupons needed!
- Nobby Organics – all baby items (dolls and doll clothes are excluded) are 20% off for Earth Day. The sale will run until April 29th. Also giving away a raw amber teething necklace.
- This Cosy Life – sale on Flower Fairies through the month of April, $3 off
- Woolies – 10% off with coupon “earthday”
- GermanDolls – 10% off with coupon “EARTHDAY 2012”
- Driaa – 10% off with coupon “earthday2012”